Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Upstate New York- Final Part Four



Margaret Elizabeth Gunn Stoner


Saturday morning we were all reminded of why we made the trip to New York.

Great Grandma Stoner had a beautiful funeral service.

The words of her life and the music invited the Spirit into the meeting.

She was a wonderful woman and a great example to us all.
The roses placed on her casket were a small way to express our love for her.

But the best part of all that was said, is that we know she isn't really gone.

We will see her once again beyond the veil.



Ayden, William, and Benjamin liked
reading the names of other ancestors in the cemetery.

All of the Great-Grandchildren were given a yellow rose
to place on the casket before it was lowered.


I will cherish this picture of me, my sister, and my Grandma forever.

I am grateful to know I have been sealed to my family for time and all eternity.

I know that even when my own Grandma leaves this life, I will see her again.



After the funeral, we traveled for about an hour to find the Finger Lakes.

On our way we saw several Amish people with their buggies.
There was even parking for horses at Walgreen's!

When we finally found the Finger Lakes park,
the boy cousins wanted to go swimming.
The rest of us watched, fed the ducks, and collected pretty rocks on the banks.

Benjamin, sucking it in! I don't know how he does it.


All the cousins:

Mary, Jessica, William, Matthew, Benjamin, Lauren, Henry, and Samantha.

I don't know where Hannah, Ayden, and Colton were.

We also missed Michael, Joseph, Andrew, Megan, McCall, Elizabeth, and Claire, but their mommies were too pregnant to make the trip!

Congratulations to Ashley's family who welcomed Estelle this week.

The classic "crazy" picture.

No comments: