The other night I was running around with Lauren. She wanted to get some Valentine candy for her friends. While I took her to the store, Jessica was going to make some sugar cookie dough. She wanted to make heart shaped cookies for her friends. I really didn't want her to make cookies. Why couldn't she just do the easy thing and get some candy. Ugh! So off I went with Lauren, while Jessica made the dough.
When I got home I asked Jessica how the sugar cookie dough turned out. She said, "it's really sugary!" I looked at the dough and immediately thought that she must have used brown sugar. Ugh! Then, I noticed the whole wheat flour on the counter. OH NO! Oh yes...she used whole wheat flour in sugar cookies. Yuck! Upon further questioning, she also used granulated sugar. The recipe very clearly said "p. sugar."(I guess it really wasn't that clear.)
I was not happy at all. What else could I do? I baked the very brown sugar cookies. My family ate them and they really weren't too bad. As for Jessica's friends, they got a new batch of cookies made with white flour and powdered sugar. Yeah, this is what happens when I am trying to please all of my children. It just causes me more work sometimes. Poor Jess, I really over-reacted and hurt her feelings. She is learning from her mistakes. I know that she will never use whole wheat flour in cookies again!
1 comment:
My mom left me in charge )when I was about the same age) to make frosting for something. I got out the recipe and made it - with granulated sugar instead of powdered sugar. I mixed and mixed it and kept adding stuff. I left it on the counter with an apology note for my mom! Live and learn!
Post a Comment