Sunday, February 1, 2009

Life is Good...at last

It has been so great to have time to take care of my home again! I was able to quit my job at the lab, due to Brock getting a position there. He is now a project manager at Microbac Laboratories. So far, he is swamped! He is also learning a lot and going through all of the pains of starting a new job. It takes time...and it is getting better. It did not make sense for both of us to be working there. The commute, time, gas, too far from the kids. Anyway, I will continue to substitute teach and clean a clean house for a great lady on Friday's. (yeah, you read that right, the house is already clean.)

This may sound crazy, but I just love that I am able to get our laundry under control, iron Brock's shirts, scour the bathroom, and get a little more sleep in the mornings. I also love that I can pick up the boys from school, help them with homework, read with Ben, and make dinner. I felt so out of control when I was working. Not to mention, I was really grumpy and tired. I really do love being home. This is something that I took for granted for so long.

We had such a great Sunday afternoon. We went to church from 9-12. I took a nap, we watched "The Music Man" and "Oklahoma." (we love musicals.) Dinner was yummy, and I just made peanut butter cookies. I love to make cookies! Really, desserts in general. That is my weakness.

I don't feel like posting pictures right now. I will later. I do want to thank my sweet friends who left Jessica such positive advice on her post. I do wish she would slow down. She is 14 going on 30 sometimes. She looks up to so many of you good mothers and wants what you have. Thank you for your great examples.

4 comments:

Erica said...

congrats on Brock's new job! I'm sure you are thrilled

Niki Carter said...

I'm so happy that life is getting back to normal for you! Now I am going to go listen to that song.

Lori said...

Hooray for Brock! So glad that things are more back to normal. I drove right past that lady's street twice this weekend, I forgot to explore/snoop and see her house. Maybe I'll do a flyby on Friday.

Melanie said...

Julie, I am so glad Brock got a new job. I definitely know what you mean about being glad to catch up on the housework and be with the kids after school! Melanie