Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Trip out West

On our way to Utah, we got to see the St. Louis Arch! It was so huge and so amazing! We stayed the first night in Independence, Missouri, and we had the experience of going to see Liberty Jail where Joseph Smith and a few other men were held for six months. It was a great Church History place, but we didn't take any pictures.

Here we all are in our travel clothes (I love how my mom avoided having her picture taken) beneath the arches in a little museum downstairs. Pretty funny! I personally have to wear comfortable clothes on our long trips or I get grumpy. Matthew and Ben look like they usually do :). Sometimes I'm a little jealous that boys' clothes are soooooo comfortable! I guess women and girls clothes are cuter though.
Anyway, our second day driving was VERY boring. I was getting so sick of seeing the same flat landscape in Iowa and Kansas! The amber waves of grain in America the Beautiful are only spectactular for about the first mile. The scenery finally changed a little bit when we got closer to Denver, where we stayed the night. The third day was our shortest, and we pulled in to Grandma and Grandpa Stoner's house around 6:00 p.m.

No comments: