Thursday, September 15, 2011

Colorado Mountains

Beautiful Colorado mountains! This is where I grew up. I have some of my favorite memories right here. It's a little piece of heaven. We drove Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday to get here. Yay for family reunions! It was so great to see everyone.


 Jess and Ben can't wait to start fishing!


Jessica is a first time fishergirl. Grandpa gives her some step by step instruction on how to cast. Casting is my favorite part of lake fishing. I can really get it out there. It's all in the wrist.


Ben's got one! It was so very exciting to see him reel in his fish!
Mr. Stoner doesn't seem to be very excited. He's just acting casual. He was really bursting inside. 


Here it is! Ben's first catch ever. Doesn't my brother Curtis look so official fisherman in his little vest? I thought so. 



Mr. Stoner caught a rock, weeds, or something annoying like that. It's not fun to fish when all you do is get snagged on the bottom of the lake. Jessica's giving him some advice.



Circle K Ranch offers to put on a "rodeo" if there are 60 or more people in your reunion party. We qualified! Heres Matthew doing his best to go get around a barrel. It was so much fun to ride the beautiful horses.


I couldn't get these girls to take a nice "smiling" picture for me! I finally just told them all to frown...and they sure responded. This is Rachel ,Lauren, and Tara.



Matthew, Jessica, Lauren, and cousin Tara took an early morning ride. The horses were very gentle. Matthew said that his horse was stubborn and would not obey. I think that horse knew that Matthew was not the boss.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I want to ride horses so bad haha I love that you guys got to have your reuinion in a great place!

Unknown said...

I have too fished before! Just never caught anything. Lauren has always had all the luck. But it's going to happen for me someday, I just know it!

Great post, Mom!