I have wanted to post so many times! I just don't have much time for sitting at the computer these days. I don't know how working moms do it. I am always behind. I have had to turn a blind eye to many of the things that matter to me, and go to work. One of the worst parts of working is that I seem to always come home tired and grumpy. I just want to have some silence and stay home. That's not too much to ask of four children and a husband is it? I really shouldn't complain. I am very blessed to be able to work. I prayed that I would have work every day and this past week, I did.
I worked at Microbac Laboratories, my real and consistent job, on Monday and Wednesday. Then on the other three days I was at Bluegrass Elementary substitute teaching. I have found that the more I say "yes" to the schools requests, the more they call me. I really found my place on Friday. I subbed for the music teacher. It was so fun! I had seven 5th grade classes. I worked on two Christmas songs, or I should say "Holiday" songs with them. I sang my heart out and was really hoarse by the end of the day. There was only one group of boys that I had to get very stern with. I hate having to do that. I like to be the fun and well liked substitute teacher. I have another sub job on this Tuesday. Who knows, the phone could ring at 6 a.m. for help on Thursday and Friday too. That's the tough part. I look so forward to having a day to clean my house and do laundry, then the phone call comes. I am grateful, but also tired and frustrated.
I sang with a group of talented musicians at our ward Christmas Party Friday night. It was so much fun. I sang Mary Did You Know, Mary's Lullaby, Tennessee Christmas, and Winter Wonderland. We will be performing again at my work Christmas Party. I get all stressed out and nervous, but in the end I am always so glad that I contributed. Brock and I went to Jessica's high school Christmas concert this past week too. It was so nice! Jess can't wait to audition for the elite group next year. Oh how I miss my ole' high school choir! Those were the days. I would love to someday sing in a really great choir again.
I know that I am blabbing on and on....I just wanted to let those of you who actually look at my blog know why I haven't been posting very much lately. I am running around like a chicken with it's head cut off! I'm sure that some of you can relate.
4 comments:
Oh Julie, I know exactly how you feel. I'm not leaving the home to work but I teach piano, run a stampin' up business and teach aerobics at the YMCA. And then through all of that you have to be a mom, clean, meet all the needs, etc. It's hard but also very rewarding. It also feels good to be able to contribute. I miss singing with you. Music here hasn't been the same since you left and I am still the stake music coordinator. I must say, you were much better at it! Hope your having a wonderful christmas holiday and say hi to the whole family!
You are a busy gal! I keep praying for you. Everything will work out. The Lord is aware of your struggles..you know that! Your family looks so adorable. I like your long hair,too! I couldn't have grown mine out without you doing it along with me. :) I Love and Miss you so dearly!
I love to hear about you guys and the amazing things you do. I really enjoy your posts and the strength you show in them!
Oh your family is so darn cute! And growing up so fast! You do sound so busy! Life is crazy with teenagers! And you are working! We have slowed down a little bit with 1/2 of our kids gone from home. It happened so fast! One day they were all here and now we have one married and one on a mission! And it's wonderful! Happy 2009! Say hi to Brock and the kids. Ashley had fun looking at your photos too! We sure do miss your family. :)
Post a Comment