Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Chicken Casserole (delicious!)

My sister-in-law, Ashley, has informed me that blog etiquette requires a recipe for any pictures of yummy food. I do want to follow the rules, so here is the recipe for the yummy chicken casserole pictured in the previous post. I just have a couple of things to say about it. You don't have to use Mrs. Cubbisons Dressing, but it is the best. Do not use stove top stuffing. I actually used the Kellogs cubed brand and it worked out just great. If you want more of the "crunch" on top, use more of the dressing. For the chicken: I bought a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store on sale for $4.88. It was so great. I just stripped off all of the meat and used it in this casserole. Quick and easy. Of course, you can cook your own chicken and be just fine.

Some of you also wanted the wheat bread recipe. I posted it today too. It is my favorite bread recipe. It just makes one loaf and is super easy to make. Let me know when any of you make these recipes! I'd like to know how it goes.

Chicken Casserole:

1 cup butter
4 cups Mrs. Cubbinsons dressing (cornbread or cubed)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can evaporated milk
3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1 1/2 cup frozen peas
2 T minced onion
1/2 cup chopped celery

Melt butter in a medium saucepan and add dressing. Stir, letting the dressing absorb all of the butter. Spray the bottom of a 9x13 pan, and spoon in 1/2 of dressing mixture. In a bowl, combine soup, evaporated milk, peas, onion, celery, and chicken. Pour this mixture over the dressing. Top with remaining dressing mixture. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Excited to try this recipe too. I've made the casserole on the box of Mrs. Cubbisons which is a little different, this one looks good, thanks!

Polly said...

Our family loves this casserole - did Mom make this? I can't remember when I first had it?